Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Post a final summer reflection about the body of creative explorations you created during the summer.  
  • Include 3 photos of your 3 best  creations.  
  • Explain in the post how you met the criteria for the summer homework.
  • Explain what portfolio  you think your work will be best suited for and why. 
  • Explain the concepts you explored with your artwork during summer.
  • Explain the media and techniques you explored during the summer. 
  • How did this work influence the direction you may choose to go? How did you establish what your path will be?
  • What resources did you establish that may be useful for your development as an AP Studio Artist.  (These could be Pinterest boards, lists of books, Flickr resource images, movies, images etc.)  

            This summer was quite the adventure: biking 80 miles on the WAT Trip, moving into a new house. I've overcome a lot of obstacles this summer, included this AP Homework. I'm not going to lie, I am an awful procrastinator so the idea of drawing every day scared me. Miss a couple days, and you're behind. Although I fell a little behind at times, a believe completing all the sketches, final pieces, blog posts, pictures, etc. help not only improve my skills as an artist, but as a student.
           I focused on a painting/ drawing portfolio type mindset for my sketchbook, experimenting with a wide range of media from India ink to oil pastels to simple watercolor to even collages. These 3 pieces I feel best reflect now only my style, but medias that I enjoyed using over the course of the summer; with that, I also explored different concepts, from literature to things around my home to objects or quotes that inspire me. I've found that though this process of creating art, I've begun to think more creatively and more quickly establish a solid concept and composition. I have Pinterest to thank for helping jumpstart ideas, but I ultimately feel that this summer I've discovered ways to make my pieces much more unique.


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment