Wednesday, September 7, 2016

So I had been keeping weekly updates on my art, I just realized I didn't add that on here... Here's my summer posts :)

August 21-31


Well, we’ve reached the end of summer; I’m kinda sad I can’t sleep until noon anymore but I’m excited to see my friends everyday and meet my new teachers. Plus, I have a lot of art classes this year, so I’m excited to get back and start working in the studio again. Cya soon! :)


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


August 14-20


I feel like I’ve improved a lot from the beginning of the month; I’ve started kind of developing my style and finding materials I like (acrylics, watercolor, ink, etc). Call me a dork, but I really just want to get back to school :)


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


August 7-13


Not much happened this week, but I’ve started remembering past projects we’ve done in Drawing 1 and how to incorporate those in my sketchbook; I’m working on value with the balloons and also tried figure drawing again.
FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


July 31-August 6


For AP Lit, we’re reading In the Lake of the Woods by Tim O'Brien; if you know Ms. Woods, you know that she loves motifs and this book is FILLED with them. However, despite my crazy amount of post-its being used to take notes, I’m starting to really like this book, especially the mirror motif. The photo on the left is my “Lake of the Woods” inspired piece (I plan to show it to Ms. Woods when school starts up again). Other than that, I’m still trying my hand with ink.


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


July 24-30


My camping and I went camping this week in the Wisconsin Dells; I took my sketchbook but unfortunately didn’t have much time to draw. However, I’m starting to really like watercolor. Plus it’s super fun to just mess with- I keep inviting my friends over to do watercolor haha. It’s fun and I’m doing my homework (killing two birds with one stone, am I right?) :)


FullSizeRender.jpg


July 17-23


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


July 10-16


I’ve started shopping around for new art supplies and feel like now that I’ve  started making art everyday, I’m thinking more creatively. This week, I drew a lot with ink pens as well as created this collage of a city skyline; it was inspired by Minneapolis, as I want to go to college there in the future. Whether it’s an art school or not, I want to continue to pursue art in college.


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


July 1-9


My goal for this summer is to learn to draw more realistically and find new medias that interest me. As of right now, I mostly just used colored pencil/ pencil for my sketchbook assignments.


FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg


The last few weeks of June were really busy for me (WAT Trip, mom moving, etc…) so I forgot to write a blog post for those couple weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment